External Wall Insulation in London
External wall solutions comprise of an insulation layer fixed to the existing wall, with a protective render or decorative finish. Dry cladding offers a wide range of finishes such as – timber panels, stone or clay tiles, brick slips or aluminium panels.
Why Externally Insulate?
- To meet the Decent Homes Standard
- A decent home is windproof, weathertight and warm, with modern facilities
- The Government expects all homes to meet this standard of Increases thermal quality of the building
- Particularly relevant when refurbishing non-traditional housing
- Overcomes moisture/condensation issues
- Protects the existing building envelope
- Reduces heating bills by 25%
- Improves the building's appearance
What is External Wall Insulation?
- A method of upgrading the thermal performance and external appearance of existing properties
- Insulated and rendered properties are transformed into warm, energy efficient and attractive homes/buildings
- Properties need to be fully surveyed
- Is substrate suitable for mechanical fix?
- Is there sufficient overhang on cills/soffits?
- Gates/satellite dishes, a provision needs to be made for refix
- Are windows and reveals suitable?
- Do soil pipes need to be moved?
- 3 key stages for a typical semi
- 1) Boarding and beading 1-2 days
- 2) Base coat and Mesh 2 days
- 3) Top coat /finish 1days
- Usually a 3 man team
- Drying times required for stage 2 up to 48hrs
- Can only be applied if temp is 5 degrees and rising
Survey & quality monitoring
A quality inspection will be carried out according to industry best practice.
- Varies from system to system but will normally take place at the 3 critical stages
- Under CERT independent inspections will also be required
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and FREE survey of your property!
- Customer's Feedback
Richmond Plastering undertook EWI system around the outside of our property.
Again the work was top rate and professionally executed. We have always found Richmond Plastering to be punctual and tidy and of excellent quality. There was never any mess to clean up after they finished the job.
We would fully recommend their services!
Simon & Hannah, Barnet, London.